It’s a good exercise once in a while to say something nice about somebody you don’t like. (Or in this case, don’t trust.)
- Trump has influenced other GOP presidential candidates to at least pretend they care about the American people.
- Trump has horrified, angered, and frustrated a lot of establishment people and their supporters, who’ve been too comfortable for too long. (I have to admit, it’s fun watching them squirm.)
- Trump has energized GOP voters like nobody else in a long time.
- Trump has demonstrated an ability to at least understand and accurately recite the needs and preferences of everyday Americans in their own language.
- By observing Trump, I have learned some tricks for more effective public speaking and persuasion.